}

Tuesday 3 May 2011

A Bag for Boo

Boo moved up to the big girl class at Nursery today, and owing to some bizarre no backpack rule, a drawstring bag was required instead, and so a drawstring bag I did make.

I found an embroidered panel buried in my UFO pile, and as I had some red polka dot fabric kicking around, it was the perfect quick fix for a little bag for my little Boo. It took me a while to find the original blog post, it turns out this embroidery has been hanging around for four years!

Photobucket

Miss Boo is most pleased with her little bag, which will hold her blanket - or at least one of the remaining chopped up bits of her blanket, her dodo (otherwise known as a pacifier) and a change of clothes.

Photobucket

Apologies for the poor photos, I had to take them at night and the flash is never kind to me.

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Little drawstring bags are my favorite things to make! I am so glad you made use of the gorgeous embroidery! It fits in perfectly!
    I can just see little Boo hopping happily into class with her new bag.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is loooooovely. Bet Boo is the envy of all her classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable bag! Seems strange to prefer drawstrings in the nursery...but you made MORE than the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love that little embroidery - so adorable. Boo is very lucky indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects always make me smile, Hoola! And they're keeping me motivated to make progress on my niece's friendship quilt -- here's the last block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Nicola it is SO pretty, you must take a pic of when it is finished, I am sure your niece will be delighted with it - who knew you were such a nifty crafter you sneaky sneak! more pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled across your gorgeous blog!

    I just LOVE your little draw string bag. Its so adorable :)

    PS I too call my little girl Boo :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love it and I'm sure it made your daughter happy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm stopping by from Swa-Bot as part of the Blogger swap. Love the bag, although I've never understood why schools have no backpack rules. <3 Vanillaperv

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like moving up into the big girl class!
    three cheers for Boo!
    Love the girls on the bag, so much!
    Am wondering.... did the Wagogo cd arrive?
    have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous bag, the embroidery is very cute. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness..how cute is this!!!! What joy to be your daughter. Hugs for a great weekend. oxxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete